Water intake is one aspect of our daily routine that is easily overlooked. However, drinking enough water is essential to:
- prevent dehydration
- maintain normal body temperature
- lubricate the joints and support the functioning of vital organs
- eliminate waste products from the body.
We need even more water than usual in hot weather and when exercising (it’s why we always remind you to have a bottle of water ready before classes!).
Hydrate to feel great:
- Keep a bottle of water beside your bed, in the fridge or the car door. Better still, have a bottle of water on hand throughout the day and refill it once empty.
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding some fruit for flavour and sweetness; lemon and lime slices or berries work particularly well.
- Choose water where you can; when out for a meal, for example. Swapping out sugary drinks for water will help your body and your wallet!