A fall prevention exercise programme for nursing homes to reduce the occurrence of falls.
Our Fall Prevention programme is designed specifically to tackle this most prevalent issue in nursing homes. Our expert Physical Trainers guide residents through both standing and chair exercises to gradually increase confidence in their own abilities.
- Residents with good mobility and no cognitive impairment
- Groups of up to 15 participants
- Total 60 minute session
- Reduces one minor fall per year and one accidental fall every 18 months per resident
- Improves participants’ ability to move around, sit and stand with confidence and read the ground
- Gives the necessary skills and confidence to prevent falls
- Improve balance and reduce risk of falls
- Improve gait: lifting the feet, length of stride, stride precision
- Stimulate the protective reflexes to prevent a fall & increase confidence
- Flexibility: exercising the relevant joints
- Resistance: developing the muscles needed to get off the ground correctly if fall occurs
- Prevention of risky behaviour and avoiding potential hazards