How Balance Training Is Important As We Age
- Toe raises, heel raises then rock from your toes to your heels as exaggerated as possible in each direct.
- Calf raises – up on to your toes and hold for 10 sec repeat. If this is easy progress to single leg calf raises.
- Tandem holds – right foot in front of the left foot heel and toe touching, using the counter as little as possible hold your balance for 30 sec. Repeat with left foot in front.
- Walking along the counter/banisters shoulders back head up looking straight ahead walk heel to toe for 8 to 10 steps – slow and controlled is the key!!
- Balance on 1 foot and try and hold it for 30 sec, repeat on the left foot
Why not check out a Siel Bleu class near you: http://www.sielbleu.ie/home/programmes/community-2/
***Disclaimer: The information in this post is for reference only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical expertise or advice. If you have any concerns about your own or another’s health, then please contact your doctor.